Monday, February 18, 2013

A Quest for Fish Food Makes me a Cat Owner


I hadn' t owned a cat for 5 years or so. It seemed like every cat I ever owned got hit by a car or tried to kill my dog and got taken to the humane society. Whenever I go to Petsmart I always check out the cats that are available for adoption. This time one really caught my eye, he was an older male cat with the poldactyl paws. Or otherwise known as a Hemingway cat. I convinced my wife to come and look at him and we adopted him later that evening. Two months in he has been a great cat and gets along well with our dogs and anybody that comes to the house. He also has the personality of a dog and begs for food and eats table scraps. He is asleep on my lap as I type this and I highly recommend giving a shelter animal a second chance in your home.




No comments:

Post a Comment