Monday, December 16, 2019

A Day in my old Life

I am writing this as a reminder of how my old life was while I was still married to my ex wife.  This will be a nice reminder if I ever start to wax nostalgic about the past and set things straight. Every day was lonely and extremely dissatisfying. She would ignore me most of the time and choose to interact with me only when she needed something. The entire time, I drank to cope with the lonliess, abuse and infidelity. In the last 4 years we were together, we had like 2 days where we hung out and had fun. The rest of the time was being ignored and ordered around.

I think about now and how I know the waitresses at several restaurants I like to dine at.  Not possible then as she was always on some stupid diet where she was weighing peas with her scale. I am guessing too she knew I wanted to dine out and spend time together. Of course doing anything I liked wasn't allowed as she got off on my misery. It must be so exhausting for her now to actually have to go out and hunt for her next victim. Now she has to stay out late instead of going to bed at 8pm on a Saturday night.

A day in my life then was waking up between 4 and 6 am. Then I would get out of the house and get to work to avoid her in the morning. In the evening , I would get home and fix dinner. She had homework which she conveniently started as soon as I got home. Good thing she got to nap all afternoon/sext her affair partner. After dinner I would clean up and start mixing some drinks to cope with the anger and frustration of my life. Then I would retreat to a room opposite of her and watch netflix till I fell asleep. Then wake up early and start again early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment