Thursday, July 25, 2013

No Closure

My Uncle passed away last summer and I went with my son and my parents to Chicago for a memorial service. I would like to say the service happened and my uncle's ashes were intered at the family plot but that would be too simple of an ending.

Uncle Jay always dated large boisterous and controlling women who had money. He wanted to spen his paycheck on his boat and to drink every night at his favorite bar. He even knocked up the neighbor lady and when the kid came out looking like him the cuckolded husband sucked a tailpipe in the garage. Many years later he had the garage rebuilt and finally parked his car in there after shacking up with her many years before  the funny thing is the old garage seemed fine to me, so he must have been a little superstitious.

After this long term gal passed away my uncle met a new broad at the local watering hole named Pattie. She looked like Ellen Griswold's mom in Christmas Vacation and was 100% less charming. She moved Uncle Jay to her winter home in Florida and he mooched off her until his death.

My uncle died broke and Pattie needed some cash for the cremation and wanted to dump his ashes in Lake Michigan. We drove 10 hours up there thinking there would be a service and boat to take the ashes out to deep enough water to dispurse them. We met this broad at a restaurant and she said Uncle Jay's ashes were lost and might not be there until the day after we were to leave.  We also were going too meet her at the local haunt to remember my uncle later that night.

We leave the restaurant and sight see for the day and meet up at the revered haunt for dinner. When we arrive it is clear Pattie left our earlier meeting and went straight to the bar and started piunding vodka tonics. When we finally all got seated for dinner she dominated the conversation and was especially rude to my mother and I. I snapped back with some witty jabs but lost interest and just let her blabber. I left that gathering with a huge headache.

We left the next day and the ashes finally arrived. My uncle's final resting place ended up being a stream in a forest preserve because nobody wanted to splurge for a boat. Kind of ironic how all those years my uncle had a boat and couldn't get one last ride on one.  When we are selfish, use people and leave no legacy we truly do die alone.

1 comment:

  1. The Jonathon House Ministry in Rochester MN is a scam; it is truly a DANGEROUS CULT.These creepy people [the husband and wife who run the ministry] ask for a donation of 300 dollars to perform a deliverance service. When is a specific $ amount applied to a donation?

    The man [the husband who co-leads the ministry ] claims he is called by god AS A PROPHET to tell people about themselves. He is a fraudulent liar. I falsified things on that incredible sick questionnaire that one has to complete. It asks sick things like do you have oral sex?

    His behavior is aberrant. While staying in a hotel, he tried to enter my hotel room; he claimed a demon made him do it. He also said that people who choose not to eat […] are against god, and that African-Americans have evil spirits following them from Africa because their ancestors practiced Voodoo.

    When I told him my relative wanted to contact him to make sure I was ok, he said why did I give my relative his number. He repeatedly and aggressively interrogated me about sexually intimate details. I felt he was just wanting these details because he found them salacious and exciting.

    Not to mention how tasteless and sexual in nature his conversation is with his victims.

    My advice is for people to read books in order to understand how cults work. Stay safe and do your research! Call the cops if your gut tells you something is wrong!

    ReplyDelete