Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Wife is Awesome

I cannot think of a better woman I could have married. We found one another in high school and fell deeply in love. She had liked me for over 3 years before a friend introduced us and I barely knew she existed. I remember after our first date to see the movie Kuffs she hugged me and wouldn't let go. I knew then I had found the one at 17 I would marry and have a family with.

Neither of our lives were perfect at home and the solace we found in each others arms lead to us getting pregnant and married at the age of 19. So far all of the naysayers have been wrong and we have been together longer than before we knew one another.

Marriage over the past 18.5 years has been great more than it has been challenging. We have grown up together and with each phase we go through it has challenged us to get know each other again.

Most recently I have noticed since we have moved on from our old church my wife has grown too. She has taken ownership for problems and researched things that have improved her life. She was sick all the time after she ate and she researched food allergies and made dietary changes that helped greatly. She has also started realizing a life long passion for writing too. She is writing short stories and 20+ penpals all over the world.

Now that I have dealt with issues that were bogging me down our relationship has gotten so much better. We made it through another phase of change and I still have my best friend. When I look around and see so many people around us getting divorced,  I feel lucky. Life and marriage is tough, there is no such thing as happily ever after where you can go on autopilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment